Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This past weekend I purchased a Polar wristwatch that helps me track heart rate and my running pace. I used it officially for the first time outdoors yesterday and it worked great. In fact I cut a full minute off my best time in Mitch Park (the park just outside our neighborhood. The watch says that from my driveway, out to the park, around the long route and back to my driveway is 3.3 miles and I did that in 39 minutes. My previous best was 40 minutes. The park has quite a bit of elevation change in it. I'm not sure of the exact elevation changes but I've read where Mitch Park is an excellent training track for 1/2 and full marathons. So I guess I'm fortunate to have it available and so close.
Last night I also attended my first meeting with the Edmond Runners Club. They meet the 4th Monday of the month. I meet alot of nice people and they are all supportive of everyone's efforts. I won a $50 door prize (gift certificate to a local runners store) so it was well worth the effort to attend. They have several training groups that get together 2 or 3 times a week to run, mostly in the early morning hours and unless I'm out of town or have a meeting I think I can start joining them as well.
Life is good....

No comments: