Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Monday/Wednesday Recap

Monday was a slow day 4.2o miles, 1:01:52, pace 14:44...Wednesday was a bit faster but still slow 5.00 miles, 1:09:10, pace 13:49.

This has been such a lackluster year for me. Ever since the start when my left knee was hurting it's just been so entirely different than last year. I'm not running as many miles, I don't blog as much, I'm not doing as many 5k/10k runs on the weekends, I've gained some weight back, tapping out at a high of 238, but now hovering around 230 again, I don't even have a good idea of how many miles I've run this year.

I have run 4 marathons since the first of the year, working on number 5 in Maui in September and my knee pains have all but gone away.

Today I forgot to take either of my knee wraps for our run and I feel tired but no extreme knee pain.

Perhaps later today I will put up some Grandma's Marathon photos....will make the attempt anyway...hope everyone has a fantastic hump day.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

It's cool Randy! We all have our ups and downs :-) I just hope you take care of that knee of yours ;-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

glad to see you back and to see that the knees are feeling good.

teacherwoman said...

Glad to see you back to blogging and running! We've missed you dearly! :)

Darrell said...

Sounds like you need a good solid plan and the committment to stick to it.

Seriously, don't be too hard on yourself, just keep moving forward.

Molly said...

I missed you Randy!
Hang in there...you are so amazing!
I like what Darrell said...I need to take that advice myself.
Pretty please can we see pictures!
Take Care