Friday, September 28, 2007

Marathon Photos...I Hope

At long last here are some photos from the Lewis & Clark Marathon on 9/16/07. It is so incredible how the photos tell the story of my energy levels.




I'm somewhere on the first half of the course in the photo above, I'm just not sure where, but I'm still full of &%#* and vinegar at that point. Bring on the world!!!


Here I am near the half way point just before or right around mile 13, being crazy. My running partner is just out of the photo doing the same thing. My tongue is not hanging out because I was tired...not yet anyway. There is hardly anything I do that my tongue doesn't try to get into the picture somewhere (ok Marcy here is your point to step in for comments).

This was taken about a quarter mile from the finish line. A whole different image than two pics above it. The vinegar and everything else has been drained or consumed. I'm running almost on empty at this point. I was so surprised to see that my Garmin showed I was able to get back into the low 13 minute per mile pace for miles 25 and 26. My guess would have been that I was crawling.


WHOOOSH!!!!! finished at long last. The time is gun time, my chip time was 5:56:02!!!! Just after this photo was taken I stopped dead in my tracks and realized I don't have to take another step, I finished I was a marathoner. Then I quickly realized that if I didn't move I would probably fall down. What an experience!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! You sure look tired at the end...you SO earned the title MARATHON FINISHER. Yay!!

J~Mom said...

I can't see the very last pic. I don't know why?

You look fantastic!! I am so happy that you had that experience!! You look very fit and happy!

Mary Gee said...

Wow. That is inspirational.

Backofpack said...

I think you looked pretty good in all of them!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO!! Randy!! I do the same thing! Sticking my tongue out. Most pics that DH takes of me running, I stick my tongue out to be goofy. Gotta have fun, right?

I've gotta say you look AWESOME at the finish. I'd probably look like death LOL

You rock Randy!!! ;D ;D ;D

Marcy said...

Ooops sorry Randy, I forgot to answer your question :P

I've been walking the past week because I'm still having issues "down there" I do have PT set up for next week though. Blah.

Pat said...

great pictures, you look great. But, the real question is - did you get any toasted ravioli's?

Michelle said...

OMG, Randy, I think you look great!!! I would look tired too if I'd just run a marathon!!!! But I really don't think you looked that exhausted!!!

Great job!

Pokey said...

I think you look GREAT!!! Congrats on your first marathon!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Great photos Randy!