Saturday, January 20, 2007


Oh brother of mine that ran his first marathon in Houston this past Sunday, looks so calm and collected even after completing 14 miles of the marathon at this point. His training over the past 9 months has really paid off. His time for the entire marathon is indicated in the photo and he is already talking about running another to break the 5 hour barrier.
He looks like he is just out on a Sunday stroll here and could be walking to an Aggie football game rather than pounding the pavement for another 12 miles.
I was fortunate enough to run with him for the last 6.5 miles or so of the marathon and he did really great. In fact the first 11 miles of the marathon he basically ran non-stop.
He is supportive of my running and has already offered up some great advice for me that will help my training. I've commited to run in the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon on April 29, 2007 and if all goes well he will be running it with me. That will be a fun time. Now all I've got to do is work consistently on my program. At the moment my sights are on running at least the first 5 miles before doing any walking. I'm convinced I can do the 5 miles in roughly an hour, which will allow me to finish in about 3 hours total, or so I hope.

No comments: