Thursday, January 18, 2007

This week has started good after getting home safely from the Houston Marathon. I've done 3 miles on Tuesday and 3 miles on Wednesday. I'm not out to set any land speed records, mostly doing this to maintain my health and for the challenge as well.
On Tuesday I signed up to run a 1/2 marathon on April 29th in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. As soon as I finished signing up I felt a rush of committment, but I know with continued effort on my part and consistentency I can complete the 1/2 marathon in what I predicted, which was 3 hours.
My short term goal is to complete 5 miles within one hour, I hope to be there by the middle of February.
I have what appears to be blood blisters on two of my toes (the second toe on each foot). My brother tells me that it is because my shoes are too tight and that I need to look for slightly larger shoes. Well tonight my wife and I will go searching for a new pair of shoes. The blood blisters don't hurt, they just look bad. I remember that this happened last summer when we first started to walk in our neighborhood on my left foot only. It was the same toe then but it did go away on it's own.
I'm excited about running, excited about doing the 1/2 marathon at the end of April, and excited that I may be ready to do the Houston Marathon in January 2008. I'm hoping my brother can come to OKC and run the 1/2 marathon with me in April.

No comments: