Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's St. Patrick's Day, wear your green. Today is the 8k St. Paddy's Day Run that starts at Lake Hefner on the East Wharf. This will be pretty much a similar course as last Saturday's 5k just a bit longer.

I've not run much this week, only on Sunday and Monday because of shin splints. They feel better so I will see how the run goes. It is all on level ground which will be good.

Some good things that happened this week was a visit to my GP to have her look at my sinus problems and she feels it is mostly spring time allergies. She was pleased that my weight is down, my BP was down and that I am running. In fact she was excited that I'm running as much as I am and that I've entered the half marathon on April 29 in OKC.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.....wish me well....

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

Randy, of course you can add me. Did you read my half marathon report? I finished right around the time you are hoping to finish in. I will follow your progress. Congrats on taking care of your body. You might want to check out Phil's blog in my sidebar, he is about your age I think. Not that you guys are old. :>)

J~Mom said...

PS I used to live in Okmulgee Oklahoma if you know where that is!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Hi J-mom, thanks for posting. I actually found your blog thru Phil's. He is about the same age, though I have a birthday coming up in April, so will be 52 at time of the half on April 29. He's fast it seems, where I would eventually like to see myself, but I'm far from those times now. But all I do is stop and remember the first trip I made out to the street to our mailbox after my heart surgery two years ago and how I felt that I had just competed in the Olympics when I got back in the house and compare that to where I am today....anything is possible with training, perserverance, and the right mindset.
Yes I do know where Okmulgee is but have not been there.
Thanks...and good luck...