Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wooohoooo

My Polar watch says that I did a 5k in 34:01. It was in the low to mid 70's temp-wise, and I think the wind was 15-20 mph. I feel great and I'm looking forward to Saturday's 5k at Lake Hefner even though the forecast is for light rain. I'll try to locate some kind of light raingear before then. Maybe I can use the $50 gift certificate I won at the February Edmond Runners Club meeting. I did my normal outside run thru Mitch Park (3.42 miles) driveway to driveway in 37:02 another personal best. I would so like to be doing a 5k in 30 minutes by the end of the month, plus I would like to be able to run the entire 5k without walking. Lofty goals I know but if I don't make them by the end of the month, there is always next month. It's just a target to shoot for, something to keep me focused and going forward.

No comments: