Sunday, June 24, 2007

Workout Today

Today I had to work early at church, had to be there at 7:30 am so I missed a fun run with the club gang, darn. Bonnie and I will head to the gym late this afternoon or early evening and do some elliptical and bike work. I would like to get a total of an hour in.

I've got to get out of my "funk" and back into some serious running. Tomorrow morning I will be out at 4:45 am again with several of my running buddy's one of which I am going to help train for a marathon in September, so I may just decide to run the marathon with her since the Durango thing cancelled on us. I figure if I'm training with someone that will be running I might as well run too since it appears to be within the realms of my schedule. My first marathon....in September....oh boy that seems like just around the corner now that I've written it here. Can I be ready? This will be a warmup for the Honolulu Marathon in December and maybe one HM inbetween in November. I'm excited about the activity, but apprehensive at the same time...maybe I will try to get a mile or two in tonight around dark, I'll see how the gym workout goes and let that be the judge......

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

I know you can do it! Do you have a training plan to follow to ramp up the miles?

Marcy said...

GO RANDY!!!! This would be your first marathon?!? WHoooaaaaa Momma! You CAN do it!!

Mary Gee said...

I can't wait to follow your progress through this adventure.