Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Activity - - Confusing

Today I tried to set my Polar watch up so that I could run for 2 minutes and then walk for 1 minute. Well I set that up in Zone 1 and then I did something slightly different for Zone 2 which wasn't necessary. I set Zone 1 run pace between 9 and 11 minutes/mile and I set the walk pace between 13 and 15 minutes/mile. I tried to be as consistent as possible, running 2 minutes and walking 1 minute on a 5 mile course that I had done several times earlier in March. By running the same course in this fashion I was able to drop my best 5 mile time from 56:31 to 55:28. Not a huge change but one that I'm satisfied with for my first attempt at changing my running style.

My heel doesn't hurt as much tonight as it has after other similar runs recently so maybe my shoe inserts are paying dividends. My left ankle is a bit sore and I've put some "AtivON" on it and the soreness has greatly subsided.

One day this weekend I do want to up my mileage to 10 miles or so still working this run/walk concept and see how it turns out.

I pray that everyone has a Happy Easter, remembering our blessings and saying prayers for those that are in need. God Bless.

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Great job on your run!! Shaving time off is always great to see!