Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wife's First 5k

Today Bonnie and I ran in the Miracle Run 5k. Yes we both ran. She did it, so she says, because it is my birthday. I'm just glad to have her along as a running partner. We finished in just over 38 minutes, which for her first run was GREAT!! It felt so good to have her there with me every step. The course was a bit of a challenge, more hilly than I thought it would be. But we finished, she finished and has said she will run other 5k's with me. That is a wonderful birthday present and I am so very proud of her. At one point she urged me to go on ahead that she could make it on her own, but instead I chose to stay with her, letting her set our pace.

This was also my first opportunity to use my new Garmin Forerunner 305 and it was awesome. I set the watch up to help us run/walk a 1/1 interval and it worked perfectly. For the first time I was able to complete a 5k keeping my max heart rate under 160, today's max was 157 and my average was 141. At the end of the race I knew I was ready for next week's half marathon, my feet and legs weren't hurting and felt that they could have done the 13 miles.

Bonnie I love you and am so glad that you ran with me today and that I had you there all the way as my partner. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your marathon post, it was really outstanding. I only wish my posts were as informative.

regards
Piro @ www.clickonsend.com for free unlimited file and image hosting

Michelle said...

That is too sweet. :)

Congrats to you and your wife!!!