Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hump Day Early Morning 5 Miles

It's not quite 6:30 AM here in the heart of the U.S. and our 5 miles is history for this day. It started slow and got better which is what we are after. No significant shin pains running again in my aging NB 1061's. My new ones should be here on Friday!!!!

Tonight I'll do another quarter mile in the Brooks Vapors...also will be working on some of my strengthening exercises during the day.

Total Distance: 5 miles
Mile 1: 15:33
Mile 2: 14:04
Mile 3: 13:02
Mile 4: 12:29
Mile 5: 11:29
31 ft: 0:03 (Where did this come from?)
Avg Pace: 13:19
Avg HR: 127
MAX HR: 169

My avg HR is really coming down as I get more and more acclimated to the heat and humidity it seems. I can't wait for the fall cooler weather to see what happens with my run/race times.

9 comments:

J~Mom said...

YAY for no shin pains!!!! WOOHOO!!! Look at your negative splits!! Did you do that on purpose? 15-14-13-12-11...you da man!

Marcy said...

LOL I was thinking the same thing as Lisa 15-14-13-12-11, AWESOME Randy!!! ;D ;D

Jess said...

Good job on your run!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

No it was purely chance that the numbers came out like that....looks interesting tho doesn't it.

teacherwoman said...

Wahoo! Good job on the run!!!!

I will be your cheerleader if you're mine!

BTW, I have heard of this WE-FEST because that is what everyone, well almost everyone, my age does around here. Heck, there are older generations that take part in it as well... But, in the 8 years I have lived in the Eastern portion of ND.. I have yet to go. maybe next year. I don't have much desire, and would rather spend my time traveling elsewhere! It's just a huge drunk fest! ha!

Pat said...

I like your avg HR. very impressive. keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Glad your shins are feeling good! Hope those new shoes are there quickly. And yahoo for the negative split!

Scott McMurtrey said...

it seems you always go faster after a little warm-up. that was a great time on the 31 ft too! :)

Mendy said...

Great Run, Randy! Boy it's hot!!