Thursday, October 25, 2007

Marathon "Maniac"

For those that don't know this refers to a group of crazy people that seem to take marathon running to an entirely different level. If you visit the Marathon Maniacs website you will learn more about the group. Click on "criteria" on the left side to see the various Maniac designations and requirments that must be satisfied to earn the designation.

I am shooting for 3 marathons within 90 days. This will start with the Tulsa Route 66 Marathon on 11/18/07, the Honolulu Marathon on 12/09/07, and end with the Houston Marathon on 1/13/08. The Route 66 is spaced just far enough apart from the Honolulu Marathon that it will be my last long run going into my taper. I intend to use the Honolulu Marathon in the same fashion in preparing for the Houston Marathon.

Craziness to say the least, but it's just something else to give reason to the running and all the training. I sat by this past spring as fellow blogger Back of the Pack completed her Maniac craziness by running four marathons in four weeks that earned her an Iridium Level designation. I decided then that when I had more of a base built that I would try for some level of the Maniac group...

The 3 marathons in 90 days will get me in the door at the Bronze Level. Just a toehold but nonetheless I'll be a Maniac!!!

6 comments:

Mary Gee said...

Wow. Maniac is an understatement in this case!

Golden is just a few miles from my house. Next time you stay there, let's go for a run!

Jess said...

I definitely think you qualify as a maniac -- that many marathons in that little time is certainly "crazy"!

Marcy said...

Randy you are definitely certifiable LOL

Pat said...

and hopefully I will be a maniac within the next year or two

Mendy said...

That's some crazy outstanding dedication!!! I think it's great though, Randy!! Good luck, but I know you don't need it. You're determined!

J~Mom said...

Oh my gosh, you totally rock!!! Go Randy!!!!!!!