Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon "Stroll"

For the first time since early summer I went out after work and ran. I did another 5k distance with a new running buddy...Cindy...and with her as an inspiration I ran the full time....woohoo...still not great times but I ran the fully monty.....for an old fart that is something.

Total Distance: 3.12 miles
Total Time: 36:09
Pace: 11:35
Avg HR: 159
Max HR: 171
Temp 83
Humidity: 46%

No negative splits though today:

Mile 1: 10:45 (Started too fast....but is this dreams of speed to come?)
Mile 2: 11:45
Mile 3: 12:15
.12 Mi: 11:38

The heat was a bit much it seems, and makes me wonder what would I do at a full run on a cool morning???? Time will tell.

8 comments:

Mary Gee said...

You ran naked???

Wes said...

Well, I've been an old fart for a long time, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've "run all the way"! Way to go!!!

J~Mom said...

Randy if you are not careful they are going to make your blog PG. :>)

You da man running that fast!!

Great job!

No pictures of the tri suit until race day...neener neener! :>P

Pat said...

seems like I run faster if I take a walk break. go figure.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Mary you have me confused....where did I say that I ran "naked"? LOL

Marcy said...

LOL Randy when you say "ran the full monty" she's thinking you ran nude.

Go Randy!!! Before you know you'll have zero walk breaks in your runs ;-)

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

LMAO....I had no idea...I had just meant that I ran the full 5k without any walk breaks....maybe I should be blushing about now I guess....oops!!!!

Jess said...

Great job on runing the entire time.