Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Noon Hour "Quickie"

No I didn't go home for lunch, nor did I meet Bonnie at some sleezebag roachcoach motel either. I decided for my last thirty minutes of lunch I would get up and try out my new orthotics. I wore my old and trusty NB's to work today. I didn't bring any walking/running clothes tho, so I need to work on that for the future. Anyway, for the record I eeked out another two miles for the month, 113 miles and some change for July. But even more importantly, I did run some, maybe not quite half of the distance and I did not feel any blister pain. So better socks, better orthotics, and a couple of strategically placed bandaids (that conjurs up thoughts...but I won't go there), seemed to be helping nicely and has proven that I should be able to run tomorrow morning as planned.

Distance: 2.00 miles
Time: 26:00 minutes (MOL...more or less)
Pace: 13:00

Not bad for being in jeans and a button up collared shirt.

6 comments:

Backofpack said...

Randy,
I did try duct tape - and Steve and I just talked about it this weekend. You don't put anything between the blistered area and the sticky - except the shiny side of the tape. Cut a little piece to fit over the area and stick it to the sticky side, then wrap your toe. Be careful for seams or edges that will rub other toes. Another option is kinesio tape - it works well once the blister is healed to protect the spot. I'm still struggling with two out of four bad toes - I haven't found a perfect solution yet.

Here are some perfectly delightful toe pictures for you:

http://backofpack.blogspot.com/2006/10/portland-photos.html

http://backofpack.blogspot.com/2007/04/two-stars.html

Little gems like these are hidden throughout my blog!

Marcy said...

OMG Randy you're cracking me up with this one. A few of my fav words in this post:
sleezebag
roachcoach motel
strategically placed bandaids

What more can you ask for?

Hopefully those blisters will be gone soon! ;D

Great job with the run!

Mary Gee said...

I have been blessed by a lack of blisters.

I have a mental image of your running at mid day heat in a button down shirt! Sheesh! Did it have dark circles under the arms when you got back to work?

Molly said...

Great imagry...!!!

Take Care

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

LOL...Mary...no but the collar was soaking wet...I hope that I don't make that mistake again....I actually didn't start out to run though.

akshaye said...

great work on the run.. i like the idea of the quickie!
you can also try some lube (like body glide) but thats mostly preventive.